If you edited on fallenlondon.fandom.com at least once prior to 22 March, 2021, you can log in here using the same username and password that you used to log into Fandom. We'll verify your account details and grant you access here.
Thoughts on item representation
Please, dont take this as a complaint. I bow deep before you guys that build this and value every minute you spend on making it! Futhermore, so far I havent delved too deep into this wiki's structure to catch every glimpse of it. But being rather a noob to FL this wiki was as helpful as it was a pain to use. Maybe some of my thoughts may help to improve it, especially from a beginners point of view - and to calm ur worst fears down, I'm rather new to FL, not to wikis (u may take this as a reference). I'm quite aware of the fact, that I dont know better what has been build up over years - I just offer my help, will make a cautious approach to edits and already beg pardon for the trouble I may cause.
What do I see on an item page?
- item desciption - text which is shown in the character's inventory
- The message I get when item is bought
- The message I get when item is sold
- Bazaar value for buying/selling item
- Other uses
- what happens when I use this item
Assumption, thoughts: this is like the least important information is shown first and the most important facts are not shown at all or hidden behind links:
- item description (fine)
- buy/sell message, value (what's the use in knowing the item's value or its messages, when I dont even know where to trade it?
- Effects (no idea what that is good for, never seen any item making really a use of it)
- other uses/sources (leads to category-pages. Questionable benefit; item conversion not even hinted)
- Options when item is used - is something I'd rather expect right after the item's description
- groups items belong to? (true only for first item in each group, others say: create this by ...)
- the infobox-templates I stumbled over? U think them too hard to edit for average users and thus dont use them?
Anyway, I'll try to throw in an iteminfo template